Saturday, June 14, 2014

Knitting Firsts: Part 5 - Bamboo Yarn and proper needles

The Fifth (Seventh) First: Bamboo Yarn

Both for the T.A.R.D.I.Socks and the lace sweater I’m using a bamboo blend yarn. It’s my first time knitting with any level of bamboo fibre, though it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while. I’ll do proper yarn reviews when I talk about the WIPs or FOs (whenever I get to them), but suffice to say that I love one of them, I’m frustrated as hell at the other one, I bought my first set of big girl circular needles, and I will forever insist on knitting bamboo WITH bamboo (or at least wood … but preferably bamboo).

And that wraps up my series of post about knitting firsts. Thanks for reading. Happy knitting. Feel free to share your knitting firsts or any tips/tricks/experiences with any of my firsts either in the comments or by sending me an email, Google+, or Twitter message.

No comments:

Post a Comment